Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Things these days...

I have discovered the best place to find my refashion projects. On every Sunday the DAV has a sale where there are a certain color tag that is five for a dollar or a quarter each. That can add up to some amazing deals especially when you can transform each piece into an article of clothing into something wearable. These are a few of the projects that I have completed in the past month.
First I created a skirt from a mens button up shirt. This was super easy and I got the idea off of Pinterest. I simply cut the shirt at the armpits and took in each side to make a nice fit. I then formed a casing and put elastic through! With the excess fabric I made a fabric flower to match from makeit-loveit.com
Pinned ImagePinned Image

The next project that I have worked on is a one shouldered dress.
Oneshoulderknitdress_large
 I found another 20 cent bargin on a huge skirt with a simple elastic waistband. I used a free pattern I found on burdastyle, which I printed and pieced together. This dress turned out really good and I can't wait to make more! This is actually something I can see myself wearing to school and not feeling self conscious and wondering if people can tell if I made it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment