Monday, March 26, 2012

Fabric Cards -- DIY

I always forget to get a card.
Always.
It was my moms birthday party, and I forgot the card... with 15 minutes till I needed to leave I whipped this little guy right up.
Extremely easy + super fast = Wahoo!!
I may never forget a card again after this...
I decided to make a few more, just to have them on hand.
Here is how I made it----
What You will need-
Card stock or card
Fabric
Scissors
Coordinating thread
1.
I free hand cut out my MOM shape. You could print out any picture you want, if you are picky like that, but I just went for it.
2.
First I switched my needles, I don't want to use my good, sharp needles for sewing on cardstock so I switched to some old ones I use for projects.
3.
I considered gluing on my letter, DON'T do it! It will get all over your machine and rip your paper. I ended up just setting it on the paper and winging it.
4.
I first went through with a more decorative stitch, then went back around with a straight stitch around the letters.

They are super easy and can add a personal touch to just and everyday card. Mix it up! Maybe do numbers for the birthday or a big letter for their name? For the holidays you could do a christmas tree or a firework!
The possibilites are endless and I hope you enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment